Friday, August 3, 2007

Dad's Specialty

I planned our meals for the next week as I'll be returning to work and need to be prepared if we're going to eat well. I look forward to letting you know about the success and failure of the new recipes that I try. Monday's meal, however, is a tried and true classic in my parents' home, and it's easy which makes it perfect for my first day back to work. There's really not much of a recipe. But I'll post it anyway:

Dad's Specialty
1 package skinless smoked saugsage, sliced
1 bottle of your favorite Bar-B-Q sauce

Place sausage in crockpot. Pour BBQ sause over sausage. Fill BBQ bottle 3/4 full with water, shake and pour into crockpot. Cook covered on low setting for 6-8 hours, or until sausage is tender.

We always serve this with mashed potatoes and some sort of green vegetable. Quick, easy, and yummy! I love crockpot recipes!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

When I told Dad about our cooking blog I mentioned putting his recipe up...he'll be happy!