Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and set out a 9 x 13 baking pan (do not grease the pan).
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I was out of vanilla but they tasted fine)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
1. Beat the butter and peanut butter for 30 seconds.
2. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
4. Bake in a 9 x 13 pan at 350 for 20 - 22 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips
6. Let chips stand for 5 minutes then spread over the bars then let them cool.
7. When cooled, mix the icing ingredients together to a drizzling consistency. (I made mine thicker and put it in a pastry bag and piped it onto the bars)
8.Drizzle over chocolate layer and cut in to bars.