Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's too hot for soup

I made dinner last night and finished just in time for the baby to wake up. Pretty easy to make, but it took longer than I thought it would (because I didn’t bring it to a boil after adding the broccoli).

Cream of Broccoli Cheddar Soup
1 T olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 10oz bag frozen, chopped broccoli
2 c chicken broth
1 ½ c mashed potatoes (leftovers)
2 c milk
1 ½ c shredded cheddar
salt and pepper to taste

In soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook onion till its translucent. The add broccoli and chicken broth. [Increase heat, to bring to a boil and] Cook till broccoli is tender about 3 minutes. Add mashed potatoes, mixing till well incorporated. Heat for five minutes. Then add milk and heat a little longer. Add the cheddar and stir until melted. S & P to taste.

Serves 6
Source: Saving Dinner


While we were eating, I said to Peter, “Don’t you think it needs more cheese?” He responded, “Yes, but we always think everything needs more cheese.” So true.

And for dinner tonight? It will probably be movie popcorn for me (Laura, Mom, and I are watching Becoming Jane) and something frozen for Peter…because I forgot to pull the ground beef from the freezer for spaghetti. Oops!

1 comment:

LauraSuz said...

This sounds so good and it makes me want fall to come quickly.