Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pesto Pasta

I made a very simple recipe last night and it was delicious! It’s also a good recipe for Friday’s. It's from my Cooking Basics book by Betty Crocker.

1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts (I didn't add nuts because I didn't have any)

1. Place all ingredients in blender or food processor.

2. Cover and blend on medium speed about 3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides, until smooth.

3. Pour over 8oz (1/2 a box) of cooked Rigatoni

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am obsessed with pesto..love it love it love it.
ihave that cookbook too laura!

Jill said...

I LOVE pesto too! Have you ever tried it on a turkey sandwich? ahh, it is delish!
actually, i've never made my own before, so I'm glad you posted a recipe. I've been wanting to try for a long time!

Anna said...

When I was a little girl this was my favorite thing to eat.

I used to ask for pasta al pesto all the time.