Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Baking has Begun!


I started my Christmas baking last night. I don't have much freezer space (I live with two other girls right now) so I have to bake closer to Christmas for lack of storage room. I made Snowalls last night. I tend to name these cookies whatever to occasion calls for. If I were making these for a bridal shower I would most likely call them Mexican Wedding Cakes. So, call them what you want but they also have the same great taste every time they're made.



Snowballs:
1 cup butter
½ cup powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
2 ½ cups flour
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine butter, sugar, salt and vanilla. Cream until light and fluffy. Mix in flour and then add the nuts. Roll into 1 inch size balls. Place on an ungreased cookies sheet. Bake for 6-8 Minutes. Roll in powder sugar while hot and then again when cool.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: