Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spaghetti Twice Removed

I think "Frugal" is the word of the day for most of us as of late, and I'm kind of proud of myself these days as I strive to feed my family on a dime.

Last night I made spruced-up spaghetti. I boiled the pasta I had in the pantry, and used a jar of cheap-o spaghetti sauce, but I added in ground beef and some extra seasonings. It was a normal night of spaghetti from a jar. The next night I took the leftovers and dumped them in a casserole dish. I sprinkled the top with grated parmesan cheese. Then I sauteed a little bit of onion and tomato (I cut up some canned whole tomatoes, saving the juice in the can) in olive oil with salt then spread those over the cold leftovers in the dish. I mixed a little water in with the leftover tomato juice in the can and dumped that in as well, then tore up some basil leaves from my garden and sprinkled them over the top of everything. Finally, I topped it all with mozzerella cheese that we had on hand, then I baked it. And it was delicious!!

I wanted to make all the ingredients in this post BOLD, but I don't have time to do that now, as the one baby is too wiggly on my lap and the other baby is standing at the gate yelling for me and has been since I came back here.

No comments: