Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Pineapple Glazed Grilled Pork Chops
We made this about a week ago and just couldn't get enough of it. The whole mustard/pineapple combination was great and complimented the pork perfectly. You can make as many pork chops as you like, but there is enough sauce and pineapple rings to do 8 chops. We made all 8 and had 3 meals and a couple lunches out of it.
Makes 8 pork chops
8 medium sized pork chops, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
1 (20oz.) can pineapple rings, drained (reserve juice)
1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup mustard
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
enough water to bring reserved juice to 1 cup
1. Drain pineapple and reserve juice. Sal and pepper pork chops to taste.
2. In a small sauce pan, combined pineapple juice, water brown sugar and mustard and bring to a light boil.
3. Reduce heat ans stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and cornstarch mixture. Simmer for 3 minutes until thick, stirring constantly.
4. Brush sauce on pork chops and place on a prepared grill. Brown chops for 2 minutes on each side, brush on more sauce and top with the pineapple rings. Cook for 2 more minutes and turn so pineapple rings are on the grill surface and get the nice grill marks and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Flip once more, baste with sauce. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and serve.