Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti

A recipe given to me via my Grandma, given to her via my Aunt. I actually made it yesterday but it was softball night and we never got around to eating it so I put in the fridge for tonight. Tonight was labeled Left Over night anyway so it worked out perfectly. I popped it back in the oven tonight on the warm setting and it was so good; probably better after all the ingredients sitting together a whole day. Another thing, since it called for half a stick of butter I cut other corners to make it a little healthier; see below.

Ingredients:
-1/2 lb to 1 lb of chicken
-1/2 stick butter
-1/2 cup chix bouillon water
-1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
-1/4 c Parmesan cheese (I didn't have this. I had mozz. on hand so I threw a little in)
-1/2 tsp garlic powder (I ran out of this so I added garlic salt; not the whole 1/2 tsp though)
-1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used fat free)
-8 oz sour cream (again, I used fat free)
-10 oz spaghetti, cooked

Directions:
-Cut chicken into small pieces and cook; fry in pan with a little salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
-Melt together first 3 ingredients
-Add parmesan cheese, garlic powder and soup; bring to a boil.
-Put cooked chicken back in along with the sour cream. Mix well.
-Poor over cooked spaghetti in a 9x13pan. Sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese.
-Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes

Serve with a salad and enjoy.

No comments: