- 12 oz flank steak (you can use chicken or whatever meat you prefer)
- 1 tbls purchased or homemade Fajitas seasoning (given below)
- 4-6 tortillas
- 2 tbls cooking oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red or green peppers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tbls lime juice
1. Slice steak across the grain into bite-size strips. Place meat strips in a deep bowl and sprinkle with 2 tsp of the fajita seasoning. Cover and chill 30 minutes (I did much longer as I prepared this during my daughter's afternoon nap)
2. Heat 1 tbls of oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet peppers, onion and remaining seasoning. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove onion mixture from skillet.
3. Add the other 1 tbls of oil and the meat to the skillet. Cook and stir about 2-3 minutes until desired doneness for steak is reached. Drain Well. Return onion mixture to skillet. Stir in tomatoes. Cook until heated thought. Remove from skillet; stir in lime juice
4. To serve, fill warmed tortilla with meat mixture. Top meat with anything you want. We did some sour cream and guacamole.
Homemade Fajita SeasoningTwo things are great about this. One - all of it is used in this one recipe. Two - if you don't have one of the spices just leave it out. I did and I didn't know the difference.
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder