Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Spaghetti and Meatballs

This is just about the meatballs though. I started making homemade sauce so I'm playing around with it. It's nothing special so I doubt I'll ever post it but the meatball, they are good! I can say that because it's not my recipe. It's a recipe from my old college roommate mother's. It's a family of great cooks and I've got a couple of really good recipes from them. I changed it a little but only because I didn't need to use 2 pounds of meat

Ingredients
1 medium sweet onion, diced extremely fine
A little less than 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup bread crumbs (I used store bought but homemade would be even better I'm sure)
1 egg
2 Tbls ketchup
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 lbs hamburger

Directions
Mix all ingredients together, except meat, until well blended. Add meat and mix until just combines. Roll into 1 inch balls. Bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes, turn, bake another 15 minutes.

These made the spaghetti, were a fun change, and best of all, easy!

No comments: