Sunday, January 2, 2011

Butterbeans with Rosemary and Garlic (from stonesoup.com)

I bought my dad a small rosemary bush for Christmas and then the next week found this recipe for beans with rosemary and garlic. it's DELICIOUS. I can't wait to try it as a sandwich spread. It's from Jules Clancy's cooking blog stonesoup.com

Warm Butterbeans with Rosemary

1 14oz can butter beans, drained
3T olive oil
1-2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely sliced
2 small sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
pinch chilli flakes, optional
extra virgin olive oil, to serve

I added more rosemary than the recipe calls for. and I overdid it on the chili flakes, but it was so tasty!!

enjoy!

1 comment:

Bookncoffee said...

Oh that sounds good. We grow our rosemary also and we use it in potatoes, bread, chicken dishes, and all sorts of things. It seems to go with anything starchy. My favorite is red potatoes drizzled with olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Can't get any easier than that.