Wednesday, October 31, 2007

cookie failure

alright anne, here you go..except, I'm not posting a recipe..because I failed at it.

So, I pulled the Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Cookie recipe from Mixing Bowls and Measuring Spoons ( one of the links on the cookin' sisters site)

http://mixingandmeasuring.blogspot.com/search/label/cookies

and I must have somehow screwed them up because they don't taste like much. I was sure they would have more flavor, I think I must have missed an ingredient or a step or something. I wouldn't put it past myself. Although, upon reflection, I used Ghiardelli dark chocolate chocolate chips...and those are a tad bitter and BIG chips. I dont think I baked them long enough becuase the chocolate chips were not very melted. Also, my mom usually uses a melon scoop for transporting the clumps of cookie dough from the bowl to the cookie sheet, but I grabbed the ice cream scoop instead and then, as I continue to scoop, wonder why the heck these clumps are so big! They lookd more like chocolate chip pumpkiin muffin tops without the muffin bottoms! haha. Oh well, I guess the flavor of pumpkin can be subtle? I havn'et been cooking/baking/experimenting much because have been doing a lot of dancing so as to distract myself and not to think about unpleasant recent events. please say a prayer for the healing of broken hearts. Anyways, my next endeavor is also pulled from another linked blog site: Pink Lemonade Cupcakes, so keep your eyes open for that jewel..yum..

1 comment:

Abby said...

I have SO been there (with a loaf of bread just last week!) It happens, but that's how we learn, right?