Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I stole this one off a box. But it's yummy.

I won't pretend this is a creative, innovative dish. Nope, I stole it (as if I don't steal all my recipes) straight off the back of the Stove Top Stuffing box. But it's really yummy. And quick, which is perfect for when I get off work at 5.

There are four variations. I've only made the Bruschetta one (it's in my oven right now, and smelling quite good...) but I want to try the others too.

Easy Layered Chicken Bake

All types call for:
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing

Bruschetta-style includes
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
add-ins:
1 can (28 oz) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, well-drained
2 cloves of garlic, minced
topping:
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in 13x9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with seasoning. Combine stuffing mix with 1 1/2 cups of water
2. Spread add-ins over chicken. Sprinkle with topping. Top with stuffing mixture
3. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Other styles:
Amandine:
1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning;
add-ins: 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup mixed with 1/2 c of milk; 2 cups frozen green beans
toppings: 1/2 mozzarella cheese; 1/4 sliced almonds

Cheesy Mushroom and Broccoli:
1/2 tsp garlic powder
add-ins: 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of broccoli soup mixed with 1/2 cup of milk; 1 jar (4 1/2 oz) of sliced mushrooms, drained
toppings: 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese

Tex-Mex:
1 Tbsp chili powder
add-ins: 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, well drained; 1/2 cup salsa; 2 cups frozen corn
toppings: 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese; 1/2 cup sliced green onions

They say you can "mix and match" toppings and add-ins, but I'm not sure which ones I would want to mix. My buzzer just sounded, so it's time for me to mangiare!






No comments: