Monday, April 7, 2008

Mexican, anyone?

I have been in the mood for some spicy food lately. I used to make these enchiladas all the time, but then I think I must have forgotten about them. They are very easy and quite tasty. Of course for the children I will hold out some chicken and some cheese and a few tortillas and give them a more plain version. I'm not sure where I found this recipe initially years ago, but it is an ol' standby. Hope you all try it and enjoy!

Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas

2 10oz. cans of mild enchilada sauce
2 cups (or more) of chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup sour cream
1 4oz can of chopped green chilis (undrained)
1/3 cup chopped green onions (i left these out this time)
8 oz. shredded cheese of your choice
flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350. Combine chicken, sour cream, chilies, onion in a bowl. Add about half of the cheese to the bow. Pour 1 can enchilada sauce in a 9x13 pan. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place, seam side down, in prepared baking pan. Pour remaining 1 can enchilada sauce over the top; sprinkle top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through. Good covered with extra sour cream and tortilla chips on the side. I also serve with a side of rice.

Of course I forgot to take a picture once this was cooked. But this is what it looked like going into the oven!

Enjoy!

No comments: