Monday, April 14, 2008

Mixed Berry Buttermilk Muffins

Last summer, I kept buying berries at Trader Joe's and the Farmer's market, and sticking half of them in the freezer "for the winter". I never ended up using them, and DH has been asking me what I'm planning on doing with ALL. THOSE. BERRIES! So, when my family visited this weekend, I made a batch of muffins for snacking on at the hotel!

Here's the link to the recipe; I followed it ALMOST exactly, except I used 2 cups of whole wheat flour, and a half cup of regular.

This is what they looked like before they went into the oven. I forgot to take an after shot, and now there's only three left, so there's not much point, eh?




As the recipe says, they are simple, but PACKED with flavor! I really love the added zing from the orange zest; you can TOTALLY taste it. (But not in a gross way. I usually hate orange zest, actually!)

No comments: