Thursday, May 29, 2008

Crockpot Chicken Jambalaya

I've made this twice since we've been married. I made it for Daniel the first week back from our honeymoon and then we had our first dinner guests last night, my parents, and they requested it. This dish has all the right seasonings with it not being too hot. I did some adjusting with the ingredients but I'm sure it would be just as tasty as it's listed below.

I highly recommend this dish. It's sure to please.

  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes (I only used 3)
  • 1/2 lb Kielbasa sausage, sliced (I used a whole pound)
  • 1 can 14oz tomatoes, undrained
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped (I used a whole pepper)
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp cajun seasoning

Put everything in the crockpot on low for 7 hours. Serve over rice with a side of corn bead and you'll have a delicious dinner! Depending on your crockpot size the time may vary. Mine is a decent size so I only cook it for 6 hours and it turned out perfect both times.

Serves 6


No comments: