Monday, June 2, 2008

Dinner Last Night

It was too hot for a pot pie, but I made one anyway. We are using up what we have around here this week. So I just happened to have all that I needed for this dish. It turned out really well as it was my first time. And aside from making the pie crusts, there is virtually no prep time involved!!

Chicken Pot Pie
1 can cream of potato soup
2-3 cups of frozen mixed veggies
2 1/2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
1/2 c milk
2 9-inch pie crusts (I used Barbara's)

Preheat oven to 375. Mix filling ingredients together. Pour into pie crust. Top with remaining pie crust. Seal edges with fork. Slit the top crust. Bakes for 40 minutes.

edited: I had some leftovers for lunch and it was a bit too dry. The orignial recipe calls for 2 cans of soup...maybe that would fix the problem, I only had one. Or add some more milk. I'm not sure but if you're going to be using leftovers, you need more liquid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. This looks a lot easier than the one I made last winter.