Monday, September 29, 2008

Repeated

My sister has posted this recipe before, but ladies, it is SO good! The recipe orginally came from the book Saving Dinner, and I passed it on to Laura when I made her a little shower gift of favorite recipes. The best thing about it is how easy it is to make ahead. I served this dish for our guests yesterday. I made the cornbread and rice to go along with it the night before. So all I had to do was heat everything up, and dinner was on the table in less than five minutes!

I just wanted to recommended it again as the perfect company dish. It's so flavorful. Do note the cook time though: basically you just need to cook it long enough for the chicken to be cooked through, which actually only took about 2-3 hours for my slower cooker on low. But I cooked it another hour or so to be sure the flavors blended. This dish doesn't really suffer from cooking longer than is required because there is plenty of liquid. So whether you get everything in the pot early or late, it's going to be a winner.

My guest even asked for the recipe!! :o)

No comments: