2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups water
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
- Place potatoes and water in a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute onion butter until tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt, thyme, rosemary, and pepper. *
- Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.**
- Add potatoes with cooking liquid; heat through.
*I cooked the flour for about 2 minutes before adding the liquid.
** I cooked this more than 2 minutes, basically until the potatoes were done (about 10 minutes).
Note: I added about 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes with all the herbs. It gave it a little heat, but oh so good. I could also see putting cubbed precooked ham in as well.