Thursday, January 15, 2009

Roast Pork Loin

Mike and I had this last week, and we both really enjoyed it. The mustard complimented the pork beautifully!

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 boneless center-cut pork loin roast (about 2 pounds)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard*
2 tablespoons cider vinegar

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
  1. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat.
  2. Season the pork with salt and pepper and sear on all sides until golden brown.
  3. Combine the mustard and vinegar and brush on all sides of the pork.
  4. Transfer to the oven and roast the pork until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 145°, about 35 minutes.
  5. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and tent with foil for 10 minutes. Remove strings (if you had them), slice and serve.

* I could not find whole grain mustard here, so I used coarse ground Dijon and then added some mustard seeds I already had.

Note: I have a thermometer that stays in the pork while it's roasting and then it beeps when it reaches the preset temperature. It worked amazingly, but it took about 45 minutes for the roast to reach 145°.

3 comments:

LauraSuz said...

I have the same kind of thermometer! It's a must have in my kitchen.

Kristi said...

I know! Once you have it, you don't know how you ever lived without it. :)

Abby said...

I JUST posted about pork tenderloin. Isn't it the easiest thing, ever? I'll have to try this one, too!