Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Busy Kitchen

I'm so happy to see so many posts recently. And new members being added! A busy kitchen is a happy kitchen, or something like that!

I love crockpots, but I'm beginning to dislike my particular crockpot. I'm finding that one side of it cooks hotter than the other side thus causing things to burn on one side. I think I may have to invest in a new one some day soon. In the meantime, I'll try to stick to liquidy dishes that aren't so likely to burn, like this one I have to share today.

Maui Chicken
adapted from my Fix It or Forget It daily calendar 2008
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
(can place in the crockpot frozen and chop up later if needed
not that I would ever need to do that...)
2 T oil
14-16 oz chicken broth
20 oz can pineapple chunks, juice included
1/4 c vinegar
2 T brown sugar
2 t soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced (although I forgot mine)
3 T cornstarch
1/4 c water
Place chicken in crockpot. Combine everything else and pour on top of chicken. Mine cooked on high in 3 1/2 hours. Serve (with slotted spoon) over rice.
Note: This is a good recipe for cooking on low all day if you have to be out and about or at work. There is plenty of liquid to keep it from burning.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I have that same calendar!