This is a great quick weeknight dinner. It has some off the wall ingredients, but in the end they all work together. It takes about 20- 25 minutes to make! I got this recipe from my favorite book, Fast fix, family food by BHG. Of course, I tweaked it a bit.
8 8inch flour tortillas
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped red or green onion (I used red)
2 cups packages shredded cabbage with carrots (coleslaw mix)
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Barbecue sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stack tortillas and wrap in foil. Heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is brown. Drain well.
- Stir in cabbage mix and corn. Cover; cook about 4 minutes or until vegetable are tender, stirring once.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and sesame oil. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup filling onto each tortilla.
- If desired, serve with additional barbecue sauce. (I didn't do this)