Thursday, March 26, 2009

Crunchy Beef Wraps


This is a great quick weeknight dinner. It has some off the wall ingredients, but in the end they all work together. It takes about 20- 25 minutes to make! I got this recipe from my favorite book, Fast fix, family food by BHG. Of course, I tweaked it a bit.

Ingredients
8 8inch flour tortillas
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped red or green onion (I used red)
2 cups packages shredded cabbage with carrots (coleslaw mix)
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Barbecue sauce (optional)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stack tortillas and wrap in foil. Heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is brown. Drain well.
  3. Stir in cabbage mix and corn. Cover; cook about 4 minutes or until vegetable are tender, stirring once.
  4. Stir in barbecue sauce and sesame oil. Cook and stir until heated through.
  5. Spoon 1/2 cup filling onto each tortilla.
  6. If desired, serve with additional barbecue sauce. (I didn't do this)
* I had some leftover black beans, so I put in about 1/2 cup on them in at the same time as the corn. It was good, I may continue to add them.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I think it's a good thing Laura invited you to join us, Kristi. You sure help to keep this page hoping! Thanks for all the great recipes!

Kristi said...

Thanks so much! I really enjoy it.