With the gorgeous weather we're getting, it's a great time to do some springtime grilling (you can cook you chicken on the stove as well). I usually make this with the cherry tomatoes, but they didn't look very good the store last week.
1 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
12oz. dried fettuccine
1/4 cup purchased pesto
Dash black pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
Toasted pine nuts (optional)
Snipped fresh basil (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat whipping cream and butter until butter melts. Gradually add Parmesan cheese, stirring until combines. Cover and keep warm over low heat.
- Salt and pepper the chicken; grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with 1 tablespoon of the pesto.
- Add remaining pesto and Parmesan mixture to the hot cooked fettuccine. Add tomatoes.
- Arrange fettuccine on a serving platter; sprinkle with pepper. Top with grilled chicken. If Desired sprinkle with pine nut and/or basil.