Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cannellini Bean Pate

This is another really super easy snack or sandwich spread. (or pita spread for that matter). It came from "Best Ever Three & Four Ingredient Cookbook".

2 14oz cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 oz Cheddar cheese (i think it's about a half a cup..though my math may be way off)
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley ( i skipped this, we didn't have it, you could substitute anything really)
3 tbps olive oil

Put cannellini beans in the food processor with the olive oil in a steady stream. Process to a chunky paste. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the shredded cheese and parsley. Sprinkle with a little paprika , if desired. Serve with wholegrain toast.

I heated mine in the microwave because melted cheese is awesome and it tasted really good. I dipped carrots in mine, though I would probably not use that particular vegetable next time. I also think that tyou can whip this stuff on top of a tortilla with some lettuce and tomato and BOOM you have quesadillas! brillant, yo!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oo, I will have to try this one!