I love, love, love this recipe!! I only really make it a couple times a year, but I should make it more often. It's great for company or a crowd. I know most Tiramisu recipes have raw egg in it, but this one does not. It can also be halved very easily, I just never have. Enjoy!!
Servings: 12-15 servings
Source: adapted from "Young and Hungry" by David Lieberman
1 cup heavy cream
1 pound (16 oz.) mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup superfine sugar
3-4 cups very strong brewed coffee, cooled
2 packages of ladyfingers (it's about 48 to 50 ladyfingers)
3-5 tablespoons white rum
unsweetened cocoa powder
- Beat the heavy cream, mascarpone, vanilla extract, and sugar in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until mixture holds soft peaks.
- Dip ladyfingers in the coffee for a second or two, just enough to moisten them, but not enough to soak them. Line the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch pan with them.
- Using a pastry brush, dab each ladyfinger with some rum.
- Spoon half of the mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers and smooth out in a even layer.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and a generous layer of cocoa powder.
- Make another layer of ladyfingers, dab them with rum. Spoon the rest of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers and sprinkle with cinnamon and cocoa powder.
- Make up to a day in advance (but at least 4 hours) and keep in the fridge.
- Serve cold right from the pan.