1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 lb fresh green beans (trimmed and cut into 1" pieces)
1 lb lamb, cut into 1" cubes (or you can use beef instead)
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
3-4 medium tomatoes, chopped
a hefty Tbsp tomato paste
1-2 Tbsp sweet paprika (or more! I think tons of paprika is the best. Actually, I didn't have paprika today, so I added some hot cayenne pepper, chilli flakes and a couple Tbsp ground cumin.)
salt and pepper
1. Heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté onions until they're translucent.
2. Add meat and cook for about 10 minutes until most of the meat reabsorbs most of its juices.
3. Add green beans and saute for about 3 minutes.
4. Add paprika (or substitute spices), stir, and add tomatoes and tomato paste.
5. Just cover with boiling water.
6. Simmer over low/med heat until meat is tender. Usually with stew I think an hour will do it.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
I served it with some white rice, but I think brown rice would be even better!
P.S. I love the new blog layout!