Monday, January 12, 2009

Guacamole

There are so many ways to make guacamole. Personally, I am really picky about mine - I like it pretty simple.

Ingredients:
ripe avocados (when softly squeezed they must give only slightly)
tomatoes
lime juice
something to give it a little "heat" (a jalapeno finely chopped or I use hot sauce)
garlic (fresh chopped or powder)
salt

Cut avocados in half lengthwise, discard pits and peel skin from each half. Mash avocados in bowl. Squeeze lime juice all over. Chop tomatoes and mix with avocados. Add your jalapeno or hot sauce/salsa. Add garlic and salt. Mix everything together. Refrigerate. Eat until you feel sick to your stomach!

*Honestly, I could not say how much of each ingredient to put in. When I make it, I usually use five avocados and two tomatoes. Then I add a little bit of all of the remaining ingredients and then taste it. Then I usually add more of everything. This goes on until I think it tastes perfect. Of course, by then most of it is gone! Other ingredients that could be used are cilantro or onions. I personally do not like cilantro at all, and I could never imagine onions in mine, so I do not use those.

No comments: