1 pound of lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 15oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 4oz. can diced green chile peppers, undrained
1 8oz. carton sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
10-12 6-inch corn tortillas
1 10oz. can enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
chopped tomatoes (optional)
sliced green onions (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, and onion over medium heat until onion is tender and the meat is no longer pink. Drain off the fat.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, drained pinto beans and undrained chile peppers; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, flour and garlic powder;set aside.
- Place half of the tortillas in the bottom of a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish; cut to fit if necessary. Top with half the meat mixture, half the sour cream mixture, half the enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat the layers, except the remaining cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with the reserved cup of cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- If desired, top with tomato and sliced green onions. (I just used the tomato)
*Sorry for the messy plate, I was back for seconds. YUM! :)